What is FSSAI?
Every food business operator in India need to get itself registered under FSS Act, 2006. FSSAI is an authority to who distributes a food license to food business in India.
FSSAI Stands for Food Safety and Standards Authority of India.
What are the types and Eligibility Criteria of FSSAI License?
1 . State License-
- Food Businesses with Annual Turnover between 12 lakh and 20 crore.
- All grain, cereal and pulses milling units irrespective of turnover.
2 . Central License-
- Food Businesses with Annual Turnover more than 20 crores.
- Operating business in two or more States.
- Food business covered under Schedule 1 of FSS (Licensing and Registration of Food Businesses) Regulations, 2011.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF OBTAINING FSSAI LICENSE?
- Can avail several legal benefits
- Use of FSSAI logo on food products
- To facilitate food safety
- Opportunity of business expansion.
Validity and Government Fees for Food Licensing?
Validity of FSSAI depends upon food business operator i.e. for which period food operator wants to get registered by paying government fees. Maximum period of license is of 5 years. FSSAI registration is segregated in three different types such as Basic registration, State registration and Central registration, the FSSAI fees for these registrations are mentioned below:
1) Basic FSSAI License – Fees
Annual turnover below 12 lakhs – 100/- per year
2) State FSSAI License – Fees
Annual turnover above 12 lakhs and below 20 crores – 2000/- or 5000/- per year
3) Central FSSAI License – Fees
Annual turnover above 20 crores – 7500/- per year
Documents required for FSSAI Registration?
- For Basic FSSAI Registration
- Passport Photo Photo Id Proof
- For FSSAI State and Central license
- Passport Photo Address Prof
- List Of Food Category Photo Id Prof
- Blue Print/ layout Plan List of equipments
- NOC From Municipality Incorporation Certificate
- List Of Directors /Partners MOA And AOA
- Water Test Report Import Export Code
Time Limit to Get FSSAI License?
For Basic registration- 7to 9 days.
For State and Central registration- Time limit of 45-60 days.